Level sensors detect the level of liquids and other fluids and fluidized solids, including slurries, granular materials, and powders that exhibit an upper free surface. Substances that flow become essentially horizontal in their containers (or other physical boundaries) because of gravity whereas most bulk solids pile at an angle of repose to a peak. The substance to be measured can be inside a container or can be in its natural form (e.g., a river or a lake).
The level measurement can be either continuous or point values. Continuous level sensors measure level within a specified range and determine the exact amount of substance in a certain place, while point-level sensors only indicate whether the substance is above or below the sensing point. Generally the latter detect levels that are excessively high or low.
- Large choice of process connections for universal use.
- Process connections starting at ¾” and the small vibrating fork allow use in tight spaces.
- Large selection of electrical outputs, e.g. 8…16mA, NAMUR, relay, thyristor and PFM signal outputs: a suitable signal for any process control.
- No adjustment: rapid and economical commissioning.
- No mechanical moving parts: maintenance-free, no wear and tear.
- Sensor has function monitoring to check for damage: safe and reliable.
- ATEX II certified.
- Gastight sensor cable feed-through available as an option.
- Process temperature : Between -40°C…+150ºC
- Process pressure : -1 bar…100 bar
- Product density : > 0.5g/cm
- Viscosity : < 10,000mm2/s (cSt)
- Power supply/output : See options
- Sensor material : Stainless steel 316L (1.4435), optional: Hastelloy C22
- Process connections : G¾”, G1” thread or DIN/ANSI flanges from DN25/1” (other process connections optional)
- Housing material : PBT-FR polyester, epoxy coated aluminium (EEx d version without cable entry but with ¾” tapped hole)
- Degree of protection : IP66/IP67
- Certificates : WHG (overfill protection), ATEX, EEx ia, EEx d, EEx de, FM, CSA
The Liquiphant M is a level switch for use with all types of liquid:
- Temperatures between -40ºC and +150ºC
- Maximum pressure of up to 100 bar
- Viscosity of up to 10,000mm2/s
Density of 0.5g/cm3 and above Operation is not affected by flow, turbulence, air bubbles, foam, vibration, solid constituents or buildup. The Liquiphant is therefore the ideal replacement for float switches. Hastelloy C, ECTE, PFA and enamelled versions are available for use with very corrosive liquids. EEx ia and EEx d(e) protection allow use in hazardous areas.
Source : Wikipedia, Endress+Hauser
Home / Contact Us / Brand / About Us