A Chain Block (also known as a hand chain hoist) is a mechanism used to lift and lower heavy loads using a chain. Chain blocks contain two wheels which the chain is wound around. When the chain is pulled, it winds around the wheels and begins to lift the item that is attached to the rope or chain via a hook. Chain Blocks can also be attached to lifting slings or chain bags to lift the load more evenly.
- All models are manufactured to comply with AS1418.2.
- High strength end stop with secondary end anchor for increased safety.
- “T” type hooks for improved load holding integrity (except for the 250kg capacity).
- Gear system design for reduced effort when lifting loads.
- Includes a specially designed hand wheel to eliminate hand chain slippage and pocket wear.
- Encapsulated needle bearings and side plate bearings for smoother operation.
- Brake lockout bearing for security of braking mechanism.
- Key internal components are CNC machined before being heat-treated and toughened.
- Fitted with high quality European zinc plated Grade 80 load chain.
- No aluminum content which ensures suitability for mining applications.
- Overall better design and improved finish to prolong life expectancy.
- All models available with a patented Overload Limiting device (except for the 250kg capacity).
APPLICATIONS & USED
Due to its lifting capabilities, Chain Blocks are commonly used in garages where they are able to remove engines from cars easily. Because they can be operated by one person, Chain Blocks are a wonderfully efficient way to complete jobs which may have taken more than two workers to do.
Chain Blocks are also used on construction sites where they can lift loads from the higher levels, in assembly line factories to lift items to and from the belt and sometimes even to winch cars from a treacherous terrain.
Source : Pacifichoists, safetyliftingear
Home / Contact Us / Brand / About Us